Hi 👋 I am Ashar Irfan. I am a WordPress Developer and Core Contributor and I love to develop WordPress products. Recently, I have started WordPress Core Contribution and I am planning to do this more regularly in the spirit of giving back what I earn with the help of WordPress.
In 2016, I completed my Bachelors in Computer Science from University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore. Currently, I am working as a Lead Developer at WP White Security.
🚀 How it all started
At the end of my first year as an undergrad, someone asked me to develop a website for a bookstore. So I spent that summer trying to learn technologies like HTML5, CSS3, PHP, and a couple of front-end frameworks like Bootstrap and Foundation.
After the summer was over, I was determined to grow my knowledge in web development. To achieve this goal, I started looking for freelance projects. I have always found the practical approach to be very helpful for myself.
During those days of struggle, I volunteered to be the part of Organizing Team for a series of WordPress workshops. As a result, I met Ahmad Awais. Later on, I joined his company as a WordPress intern. And my journey of WordPress began.
- I have more than 3 years of experience in WordPress Theme development. I have used various WordPress APIs time to time in different projects. I also have experience in integrating back-end frameworks with WordPress like Redux, Metabox, etc.
- I participated in Second Global WordPress Translation Day. I along with other Pakistanis contributed to Urdu translation for WordPress 4.7 on that day. It was a fun meet up. Later on, I was featured on WP Pakistan in their WP PK Story series.
- I was the Lead Organizer at a local WordPress + Digital Ocean Meetup. You can read more about it here.
- I was the part of the Organizing Team of TEDxUET Lahore for two years at University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore.
- I was the Lead Web Developer in a local society called UET ACM at my university.
→ In September 2015, I started working as a WordPress Developer at Worwox Group of Agencies (WPTie) with my mentor and my friend Ahmad Awais. Together, we worked on client projects and developed products for WordPress.
→ I left WPTie in June 2016 and joined Inspiry Themes where I worked as a WordPress Developer. Here I was
- On the development team of their product Real Homes and several other products as well.
- The lead developer on several client projects.
- On the support crew. I attend support tickets on the support forum.
👉 I left Inspiry Themes in October 2017.
→ I joined WP White Security in November 2017 as the lead developer for their product WP Security Audit Log. Here I am responsible for,
- Updating and maintaining the code of our main WordPress plugin – WSAL.
- Updating and maintaining the code of all the add-ons of WSAL.
- Answering the technical support queries.
✉️ Get in Touch
If you have made it this far, then I would love to hear from you. 🙌 Let’s say Hi to each other. You can also contact me through my contact page. I also am available on these platforms: Twitter | GitHub | LinkedIn | Facebook | WordPress